Wow, what a life-changing question, “Is abortion or adoption right for me?” Both options require a lot of thought and understanding.
At A Hope Center, we give you more details about both abortion and adoption. But, only you know which choice is right for you and your future.
Before You Choose
Before you begin researching each option, have your pregnancy verified again. Experts indicate up to 20% of known pregnancies end in a natural miscarriage. Some say it can even be as high as 31%. You can still get a positive pregnancy test result and no longer be pregnant.
A Hope Center offers free, medical-grade pregnancy testing administered by a licensed medical professional. If your test is positive, you can receive a free first-trimester obstetrical ultrasound performed by our registered sonographer.
You need an ultrasound to determine if your pregnancy is viable and growing or you’ve miscarried. You’ll also learn how far along your pregnancy is which will determine what type of abortion you have.
Abortion vs. Adoption
Both abortion and adoption are difficult options to choose from. They do have similarities and differences.
- It is a final decision. Once the procedure is done or the consent papers are signed, there is no going back.
- Emotional feelings of loss or grief
- Confidentiality is possible.
- The reasons for choosing either is usually the same – the time isn’t convenient to parent, finances aren’t available, raising other children, and an unwilling partner.
- Abortion has the potential of physical side effects or long-term health risks.
- Abortion charges a fee. Reputable adoption agencies charge nothing to place a child.
- Adoption offers the chance for a relationship with your child.
- Abortion terminates any future relationship.
How Do You Decide?
This is a big decision and only you know what is best for you. We are here to help you through. Our team provides free pregnancy/STD testing, ultrasounds, pregnancy options education, and support services.
Contact us and let’s start the conversation about abortion and adoption processes. We’ll give you accurate information without judgment, manipulation, or lectures. You are free to share your feelings and concerns.
How can we help you today?