Did She Really Say That?
She could have said just about anything. “I think I am happy!” Or, “I think I am pretty!” But instead, she said, “I think I am pregnant!” Five words, and your whole world is turned upside down. But, trust us, we understand your situation, and it is going to be okay.
At A Hope Center, we don’t just help women. We are here for you too. After all, you are a major part of the equation. In addition to pregnancy tests and ultrasounds to confirm the pregnancy, we would love to sit down with you and explain your options. We have resources available for everyone affected by an unplanned pregnancy.
What Should I Do?
- You and your partner can work through this together. No one should have to choose how to handle an unplanned pregnancy on their own.
- It would help if you had her verify the pregnancy with her. Then, come to A Hope Center for free and confidential nurse-administered pregnancy testing.
- You need to determine if she is eligible for a no-cost ultrasound if the pregnancy test is positive. An ultrasound will verify a viable pregnancy.
- It would be best if you learned about the options available to the two of you. Set up an appointment to talk with us and discuss your situation confidentially and at no cost to either of you.
- You both need to ask each other some important questions. For instance, “How do you feel about abortion?” “Would you consider making an adoption plan?” “Are we willing to co-parent?” Talking it out can help you both be comfortable with your final decision.
- You matter. We care.
What Should I Not Do?
- Do not pressure her. Talk it out. Hear each other. You have an equal voice, but ultimately she is the one that must decide. Make your wishes known.
- Do not let anyone other than your partner make this decision for you. Ultimately, whatever choice you make, you will live with the consequences, not them.
The Next Step
If she is pregnant, it impacts both of you. It’s OK to be overwhelmed. No matter what your relationship is like now, you’re in this together. Once you have all of the facts, it’s time to make a decision.
You have a right to be and should be a part of the process. So contact A Hope Center today and let us help you work through this important decision. Remember, all of our conversations and tests are offered at no charge, and they are completely confidential.
Join us for a weekly series for men, fathers, fathers-to-be! Click here to see the schedule.