Please write N/A or none if it is not applicable to you.
Date of Service
Date of Service
Employment History (most recent employment)
Date of Employment
How do you rate yourself in the following areas?
Please provide information about the church you currently attend:
Limited Background Check Authorization
This form authorizes A Hope Center to obtain limited criminal background information and must be completed by all volunteers. The results of the criminal background check are confidential
Areas of Interest (Please check all that apply)
*** Please note: Should you wish to own your training manual, there will be a $35 fee***
STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLE
Effective May 2004
1. The pregnancy center is an outreach ministry of Jesus Christ through His church. Therefore, the pregnancy center, embodied in its volunteers, is committed to presenting the gospel of our Lord to women with crisis pregnancies —both in word and in deed. Commensurate with this purpose, those who labor as pregnancy center board members, directors, and volunteers are expected to know Christ as their Savior and Lord.
2. The pregnancy center is committed to providing its clients with accurate and complete information about both prenatal development and abortion.
3. The pregnancy center is committed to adopting and enforcing internal procedures to assure that abortion education is performed in a caring and combrpassionate manner with due respect for the emotional sensibilities of each client. Prior to usage by the center, client materials containing descriptions or depictions of abortion will be reviewed by a qualified medical professional (ex: physician, nurse) and determined to be medically accurate. Materials with graphic depictions of abortion or its results are not content appropriate when the primary effect of such materials is to shock rather than to educate. When using approved abortion education materials with clients, center personnel will always give specific warnings and obtain written client permission before showing any videos, brochures, or diagrams that contain any visual depictions of abortion or its results. No client will ever be asked, pressured, or coerced to view abortion education materials which she or he has indicated a desire not to see.
4. The pregnancy center is committed to integrity in dealing with clients, earning their trust, and providing promised information and services. The pregnancy center denounces any form of deception in its corporate advertising or individual conversations with its clients.
5. The pregnancy center is committed to assisting women carry to term by providing emotional support and practical assistance. Through the provision of God’s people and the community at large, women may face the future with hope and plan constructively for themselves and their babies.
6. The pregnancy center does not discriminate in providing services because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, or marital status of its clients.
7. The pregnancy center does not recommend, provide, or refer for abortion or abortifacients.
8. The pregnancy center offers assistance free of charge at all times.
9. The pregnancy center is committed to creating awareness within the local community of the needs of pregnant women, and of the fact that abortion only compounds human need rather than resolving it.
10. The pregnancy center does not recommend, provide, or refer single women for contraceptives. (Married women seeking contraceptive information should be urged to seek counsel, along with their husbands, from their pastor and/or physician.)
11. The pregnancy center recognizes the validity of adoption as an alternative to abortion but is not biased toward adoption when compared to the other life-saving alternatives. Pregnancy centers interacting with independent adoption agencies shall assure that referrals are made in a manner that fully protects the interests of clients and avoids any conflicts of interest. Adoption agencies may only be established under the auspices of centers if they meet strict standards to assure that pregnancy clients shall be served without any conflicts of interest.
12. The pregnancy center otherwise upholds all the principles and requirements set forth in our
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential, and that this salvation is received through faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and not as a result of good works.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life and to perform good works.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Adapted from the National Association of Evangelical’s statement of faith.
CARE NET 44180 Riverside Pkwy, Suite 200, Lansdowne, VA 20176
Applicant’s Certification and Agreement
I certify that the facts set forth in this volunteer application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge, and I authorize A Hope Center to verify their accuracy and to obtain reference information concerning my character and capabilities. I release A Hope Center and any person or entity providing such reference information from all liability relating to the provision of such information or relating to any decisions made based upon such information. If I become a volunteer at A Hope Center, I agree to fully adhere to its policies, including those rules relating to maintaining client confidentiality. I recognize that, as a volunteer, I will serve in a different role than the employees of A Hope Center, and I am not seeking nor expecting to receive any compensation or other benefits in return for any volunteer services which I may provide for this ministry.
I certify that I have read and that I am in agreement with A Hope Center’s Statement of Principle.
I certify that I have read and that I agree with A Hope Center’s Statement of Faith.